Routes Amendment for the 2020 R2S Festival.
In order to avoid any potential clash with the Tour de Yorkshire, British Heart Foundation 3 Peaks Challenge and Yorkshire Dales National Park plans for the weekend of 2nd & 3rd May this year, it has been decided to reverse the traditional routes planned for the 2020 Festival.
This means that the following will be the order of the routes start/finish points this year:
- Tuesday 28th April – Settle
- Wednesday 29th April – Horton in Ribblesdale
- Thursday 30th April – Ribblehead
- Friday 1st May – Garsdale Head
- Saturday 2nd May – Kirkby Stephen
- Sunday 3rd May – Appleby in Westmoreland
- Monday 4th May – Settle.
The routes amendment will also ease congestion on the Saturday at Ribblehead where in excess of 3000 people are expected to gather to watch the three major events on the TDY & 3 Peaks Challenge converge in that location.
Specific timings have now been published in the Programme. The Music element of the Festival will occur in the same venues as previously but in the reverse order! (See Music Venues tab)